Sending an invoice to Sikt
Sikt is a government agency and is obliged to comply with the Digitalization Circular to fully digitalize its management of invoices and credit notes. All suppliers, including those from outside Norway, must send their invoices electronically to Sikt.
Norwegian suppliers use EHF (Elektronisk handelsformat) while foreign suppliers must use the format PEPPOL BIS (Pan-European Public Procurement On-Line Business Interoperability Specifications).
Sikt will no longer handle hard copy invoices.
Sending an electronic invoice to Sikt
Foreign suppliers guide to start sending e-invoices using PEPPOL
The country code 0192 must precede our organization number as follows: 0192:919477822 (this is our participant ID).
Sikt — Norwegian Agency for Shared Services in Education and Research
Postboks 4746 Torgarden
- PEPPOL: 0192:919477822
- EHF: NO919477822 (Norwegian suppliers)
What is an electronic invoice?
An electronic invoice is transferred electronically from the supplier to the invoice recipient’s accounting system. The invoice is imported and processed electronically.
Requirements for invoice marking and content
It is The Norwegian Government Agency for Financial Management (DFØ) that receives invoices on behalf of Sikt and many other of the country’s central government entities.
To ensure an efficient billing process and avoid delays:
- All invoices must be correctly addressed to Sikt
- All invoices must contain information in accordance with standard bookkeeping requirements
- All invoices to Sikt must have a valid reference to identify our contact person. This number will begin with “3570” followed by digits or letters (i.e. 3570xxxx). Suppliers must obtain this number when entering into an agreement to supply or deliver services to Sikt.
- Handwritten text or markings on invoices sent to Sikt are not permitted.
Getting started with sending invoices to Sikt
It is not necessary to enter into a formal agreement to be able to send electronic invoices to Sikt. The supplier can use their own system or simple invoice portals to be able to send electronic invoices.
For more information on how to send electronic invoices please see:
Please contact your local Peppol Authorities for further support and information.
Alternative means to send invoices to Sikt
- In the event that it is not possible to use PEPPOL, suppliers outside Norway can send their invoices as PDF attachment by mail to email@example.com. All invoices must comply with the requirements outlined above.
- Valid invoice files (PDF) are forwarded from this address firstname.lastname@example.org only and no other, for automatic interpretation and verification into our system.
- Appendices and specifications must be attached in the same PDF file as the invoice.
- Text in the email subject line nor content will not be read or handled.
- Links to invoices in content will not be handled.
For more information about e-invoicing, contact email@example.com